Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Recent News

Things have been progressing along nicely the past few days. Here are some of the highlights:
Leveled Alchemy to 225. Now to visit the trainer in Feralas. Strike that: found out you have to be lvl 35 to train further, darn it.
  • Gillir dinged 26 on Saturday, with the help of a guildmate, Ondaragg, a shaman. As we were questing together, we were taking out raptors in Wetlands. We pulled one, but for some reason three more aggroed on us (not sure why because I thought they were out of range, but on second thought, raptors do that screech for help which may have pulled the others in). I switched from cat to bear to tank the raptors while Onda was hitting them and putting down totems. We came close to wiping but downed all the raptors; it's a moment like that when you realize the value of feral spec. Then last night I hit 27 and was able to equip Barbaric Bracers, courtesy of one of The Olde Guard's leatherworkers (thanks Yeahso!) Feral spec was in full force too with the mob aggro I was getting from Mosshide Gnolls and Mongrels; I'll post some screenshots later of the aftermath (4 on 1, NP).
  • Tsoai hit 16 and Jewelcrafting is going well, although he needs to do some farming for ore. He's got a long list of quests on Bloodmyst to knock out, so he needs to get to work on that.
  • And another alt has joined the crew: Tsotoski, a dwarf hunter. I rolled him to check out the class and was lukewarm to the hunter until lvl 10, when I got a pet. I tamed a wolf, named him Waya, and now I'm hooked on the hunter. There's something about having that pet, taking care of him, having a buddy on the road. And the pet does balance out the class. One of the reasons I was ambivalent about playing the hunter pre-pet was because he seemed so weak, but that all changes with the pet.
-----
Hello, my name is Gillir, and I'm an altaholic. You know you're hooked when you have enough characters to form your own guild. I rolled a Draenei to be my auction alt; figured it would be easier to mail him stuff; then my leveling toons can stay out in the wild and not have to run back to a capital city every night. I chose a Draenei, too, because: a) The Exodar is less crowded and b) the mailboxes, bank, and AH are close to each other.

So that's been the goings-on as of late.

No comments: